I’m a huge believer in the value of education. Both my wife and I graduated from public high schools and went on to earn advanced degrees. Public education plays a special role in this country, as it is the gateway to opportunity for every American. Like many other families, we moved to Palos Verdes because of the schools. We came to PV over 20 years ago as a young married couple before our first child was born. We wanted to ensure that our kids had the best education possible, public or private. They have received it and much more from the schools in the District. My family is truly indebted to the District.
Mr. Phillips community involvement includes:
- Former Trustee of the Peninsula Education Foundation
- Financial Secretary of the PVPHS Athletic Booster Club
- Board Member, Palos Verdes Beach and Athletic Club
- Investment and Audit committees of the Palos Verdes Land Conservancy
- Palos Verdes Estates Traffic Safety Committee