What is Open Enrollment?
Employees can select benefits programs and options during this time frame.
When is the Open Enrollment Window?
Begins: September 21, 2020 Ends: October 16, 2020
If I am an employee in the STRS (teachers retirement sytem) does the CalPERS health care apply to me or is there a separate program?
CalPERS is the program PVPUSD uses to offer employee health care benefits to Classified, Certificated and Management employees.
I'm happy with my current benefits plan do I need to do anything?
No. If you do not want to change anything, no further action is required.
What can I do during Open Enrollment?
- Make changes to your CalPERS health plan program
- Enroll in a CalPERS health plan if you are eligible and don't currently have coverage
- Add/delete eligible dependents
- Cancel existing CalPERS coverage
How do I determine if a specific doctor or medical group participates in the plan I want to select?
If you currently have benefits through PVPUSD, follow the steps below. If you do not and want to add benefits, contact the District's employee benefits office for assistance setting up your account.
- Go to the this website: https://www.calpers.ca.gov/page/active-members/health-benefits
- Click on the "Login Today" link:
- Click on the "Active Members" link:
- If you have an account enter your login and password. If you do not, select register now.
- Once you have logged in, you will be able to research plans, doctors, medical groups and other information.
How much do the plans cost?
Rates are available on the PVPUSD Employee Benefits page: www.pvpusd.net/benefits/
Review the rates for certificated (teachers and credentialed staff) or classified (non-teaching/support staff).
Classified rates are based on hours worked each day and Certificated rates are based on percentage of full time employment.
If you do not see information for your job position, please contact the Employee Benefits office.