What is PVPUSD doing to address the situation?
- Following guidance from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, California Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Decisions are also made in partnership with LACOE (Los Angeles County Office of Education).
- Increasing messaging about core disease prevention and respiratory and hand hygiene.
- Reviewing sanitizing protocols with custodial and maintenance teams.
- Exploring options to provide continuity of learning for students in the event of quarantine or school closure.
- Participating in weekly meetings with Los Angeles County health and education agencies.
What can I do to keep myself and my child healthy?
- Wash hands routinely with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve.
- Do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth – germs are often spread this way.
- Do not share personal items.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms. In the event of a fever, the individual should remain home until the fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
How will decisions be made regarding a school closure?
- The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and the Los Angeles County Office of Education will provide guidance and direction on school closures.