Updates and Announcements
- Update on High School Grading April 10, 2020
- Safer at Home Order Extended April 10, 2020
- Update: Message from Superintendent April 5, 2020
- Guidance for Cloth Face Coverings April 3, 2020
- School Closure FAQs March 21, 2020
- Update: Letter from Superintendent on School Closure March 20, 2020
- County of Los Angeles "Safer at Home Order" March 19, 2020
- WiFi and Internet Access Resources for Families
- What to do if I am exposed? FAQs
- Clarification: COVID-19 Positive Test Reported March 16, 2020 - 1:55 pm
(updated language to notice below)
- Update: COVID-19 Positive Test Reported March 16, 2020
- Update: Silver Spur and VELA campus March 16, 2020
- City of RPV Community Notice March 14, 2020
- Update Letter from Superintendent March 13, 2020
- Update Letter from Superintendent March 12, 2020
- Update Letter from Superintendent March 11, 2020
- County of Los Angeles Public Health News Release March 10, 2020
- Symptoms of Coronavirus
- PVPUSD Schedules Special Board Meeting March 10 at 5:00 pm March 8, 2020
- CDPH School Guidance on COVID - 19 March 7, 2020
- CDPH Infographic March 7, 2020
- Parent Letter March 4, 2020
Freqently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Agencies and Resources
The Palos Peninsula Unified School District has been been actively gathering information from the following agencies regarding news and updates related to the coronavirus:
The California Department of Public Health and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health recommend the following steps to prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick are all ways to reduce the risk of infection with a number of different viruses.
- Staying away from work, school or other people if you become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
- Kathy Barry, District Nurse (310) 378-9966 ext 891
- Trent Bahadursingh, Deputy Superintendent (310) 896-3404
Messages from Los Angeles County Superintendent of Schools
March 6, 2020
February 26, 2020
February 7, 2020