Return to coronavirus update page
This page last updated on March 9, 2020
What is PVPUSD doing to address the situation?
- Following guidance from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, California Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Decisions are also made in partnership with LACOE (Los Angeles County Office of Education).
- Increasing messaging about core disease prevention and respiratory and hand hygiene.
- Reviewing sanitizing protocols with custodial and maintenance teams.
- Exploring options to provide continuity of learning for students in the event of quarantine or school closure.
- Participating in weekly meetings with Los Angeles County health and education agencies.
- Developing plans to address the continuity of instruction in the event of school closures.
- Posting news, information and updates online for parents, students and staff: www.pvpusd.net/virus/
- Special Board meeting (3/10/20) to discuss COVID-19 and the impact on school operations: agenda
What can I do to keep myself and my child healthy?
- Wash hands routinely with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve.
- Do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth – germs are often spread this way.
- Do not share personal items.
- Stay at home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms. In the event of a fever, the individual should remain home until the fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
How will decisions be made regarding a school closure?
- The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and the Los Angeles County Office of Education will provide guidance and direction on school closures.
How is PVPUSD addressing student/family travel concerns (recent and/or upcoming trips)?
Are there any restrictions for field trips or school activities?
- There are currently no restrictions recommended by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health or the Los Angeles County Office of Education.
- Regarding high school athletics, the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) has released a statement which includes the following language:
The CIF will proceed with its athletic contests as usual. As appropriate, modifications may be made to the dates, times and locates of our athletic events.