Updated: March 19, 2020
District and school offices are closed at this time and until further notice due to concerns surrounding COVID-19. While offices remain closed, permit applications for interdistrict transfer students will still be accepted. Please follow the United States Postal Service (U.S.P.S) mailing instructions on the application, including the completed and signed application along with the required documents. U.S.P.S. mail received in the Enrollment Center will be reviewed/processed on a weekly basis. An email confirming receipt of the application and next steps will be sent to the email indicated on the application. Continue to check this webpage for the most-up-to-date information regarding Enrollment Center procedures.
Reasons for Interdistrict Pemits
The Superintendent or designee may approve an interdistrict attendance permit for a student for any of the following reasons when stipulated in the agreement:
- When the student has been determined by staff of either the district of residence or district of proposed attendance to be a victim of an act of bullying, as defined in Education Code 48900(r), committed by a pupil of the school district of residence. Such a student shall be given priority for interdistrict attendance at the request of the parent under any existing interdistrict attendance agreement or, in the absence of an agreement, shall be given consideration for the creation of a new permit. (Education Code 46600)
- When the student is a child of an active military duty parent. (Education Codes 48300, 48301). (cf. 6173.2 – Instruction)
- When the student is the grandchild of an individual(s) who lives within the boundaries of the district.
NOTE: If you are looking for information related to Enrollment Based on Parent Employment (Allen Bill), please click here.
Timelines and Process
The District will begin accepting interdistrict permit applications for K-12 students on March 16, 2020. Applications will be accepted through 4:30 p.m. on July 15, 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review this information to assist you in the interdistrict permit application process. Click to view
Interdistrict Permit Application
Release From District of Residence
A requirement of the interdistrict permit process is a release from the student's current district of residence. If you need assistance or have questions, click here or contact your school district of residence. Families can begin working on this process with their current home district of residence prior to the application period for PVPUSD.
Release From PVPUSD (to attend a school in another district)
2. Submit form to the PVPUSD Enrollment Center.
3. District staff will review the request.
375 Via Almar
Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274