Linsey Gotanda, Ed.D.
District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC)
Each California public school district grades K-12 with 51 or more English learners must form a District-level English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) or subcommittee of an existing district-wide advisory committee. The DELAC shall advise the district's local governing board on the following tasks:
- Develop or revision of a district master plan of education programs and services for English learners
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis
- Develop a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements
- Administration of the annual language census
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- Each school's English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) must have the opportunity to elect at least one of its members to be a site representative in the DELAC
If you would like additional information, please contact the District's Curriculum & Instruction department at (310) 750-2021.
Meeting Dates for 2017-18
All meetings take place in the COMMUNITY ROOM at the Malaga Cove District Office from 10:00 – 11:30 A.M.
- September 13, 2017 New Parent Meeting | Presentation
- October 25, 2017 DELAC Training Meeting | Agenda
- November 8, 2017 DELAC Regular Meeting
- January 31, 2018 DELAC Regular Meeting
- March 14, 2018 DELAC Regular Meeting
- April 25, 2018 DELAC Regular Meeting
- May 16, 2018 EL Parent Education Meeting