The public will have the opportunity to submit public comments via the following methods outlined below.
All comments submitted via email, the online form or voice message will only be posted online. To have your comment shared during the meeting, please submit a request to participate in the Zoom Video Conference (option 2 below). The Board of Education may choose to limit the number of comments accepted via Zoom.
- Submission through an online form (posted online)
- Zoom Video Conference during the meeting (live stream via YouTube)
- Email (posted online)
- In Person at the meeting during Public Communications on the Agenda. (Attendees will be required to answer COVID Screening Questions)
Please note the Board Meeting is livestreamed and also recorded on YouTube. Links to the video are available at Board Meeting Videos
Instructions for each option are listed below.
Submitting a Public Comment Via Online Form
Submissions received by 12:00 pm on the day of the Board meeting will be posted prior to the start of the Board meeting. Submissions received after 12:00 pm on the day of the Board meeting through the end of the meeting will be posted after the meeting has completed.
The submission form is available on this page and is updated regularly with a custom link for each meeting.
Click here to submit a written public comment for the December 1, 2021 meeting.
Please remember to choose if your comment is for CLOSED session agenda item (5:00 pm) or an OPEN session agenda item (6:30 pm).
In compliance with the 3 minute time frame allotted for public comments, written submissions are limited to 425 words.
Submitting a Public Comment via Zoom Video Conference
The public can submit a request to participate via Zoom Video Conference. Submissions will be accepted through the end of the meeting but there is no guarantee that any received after the public comment agenda item or after the agenda item you wish to speak to, can be accommodated.
- Complete the request form at: www.pvpusd.net/zoom/
- You will be required to submit one of the following on the form to be granted access at the appropriate time:
- Account email that you use to sign in to Zoom or
- Telephone number you are calling in from or
- Please remember to choose if your comment is for CLOSED session agenda item (5:00 pm) or OPEN session agenda item (6:30 pm)
- You will receive the Zoom meeting conference login information via email prior to the beginning of Closed Session at 5:00 pm or Open Session at 6:30 pm, as appropriate
During the meeting:
- To prevent audio feedback during Zoom participation:
- Do not have the Live Stream of the meeting open during your Zoom session or
- Mute the Live Stream of the meeting during your Zoom session
- Login to the Zoom conference meeting or dial into the meeting and you will be placed in the Waiting Room
How to join a Zoom meeting by Phone: Click here for directions.
- Participant will be allowed into the conference by the meeting administrator during the appropriate time of the agenda for public comment for the agenda item they have specified or during public comment for non-agenda items.
- Participant account information must match the information submitted in the request form in order to allow us to permit comment at the appropriate time during the meeting.
- Participant is allowed to comment for 3 minutes.
Submitting a Public Comment via Email
Emailed comments will be posted online. If time permits, emails received by 12:00 pm on the day of the meeting will be posted prior to the start of the Board meeting. Emails received after that time and through the end of the Board meeting will be posted after the meeting.
- Email your comment to email@example.com
- Your email should specify the agenda item or that it is for a non-agenda item.
- Comments are limited to 425 words, to fit within the 3-minute limit.
Submitting a Public Comment In Person
On July 30, 2021, the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health issued an order requiring all persons, regardless of vaccination status, wear face masks while in indoor public settings and businesses. Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District will proceed with caution and adhere to the requirements in the protocol to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
All Attendees are required to answer the COVID screening questions prior to entry to the Board Room. The Link to the APP to show your green screen upon entry is:
PVPUSD COVID Screening.
For instructions on how to address the board in person, click here for directions: How to Address the Board
Request for Accommodations
To request disability related accommodations, please send a message via the contact information below at least 24 hours prior to the start of the meeting.
Call: (310) 896-3404