Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District

Skip to main content

Other Types of Enrollment Opportunities

Updated: April 11, 2023
Are you a PVPUSD resident AND have a child in your care that is not your child or has been legally appointed to you? 
A Caregiver's Authorization Affidavit is a form for you to sign if you are caring for a person under 18 and you are not the parent or legal guardian of that person. This form lets people such as school personnel, doctors, and welfare caseworkers know that you are caring for the minor.  While this form does not give you legal custody of the minor, it does allow you to enroll the student in school, consent to school-related medical care, and, if you are a relative, consent to additional medical care.  It does not allow you make any other educational decisions on behalf of the student. 
In addition, the form expires after 1 year and will need to be renewed annually if the student continues to reside in your home. 
To enroll in a PVPUSD school using a Caregiver's Affidavit, you will need to complete the online enrollment form and bring all applicable documentation to the Enrollment Center.   
During your visit to our Enrollment Center, you will be required to fill out a "Caregiver Authorization Affidavit.”   
To learn more about the various documents needed, please visit CLICK HERE to view the process of enrolling as a resident. 
The state definition of homeless is when a student is without stable, permanent housing.  
If your family has been impacted in this manner, your student may be eligible to continue attending school in PVPUSD. For more information, CLICK HERE 
Do you reside in the attendance boundaries of the District and have a student under the age of 5 who needs additional support/services?  
Complete the enrollment process for residents. Once that is complete, Enrollment Center Staff will work with the Preschool and Student Services regarding next steps.  
NOTE: Attendance Boundaries of the District is limited to only the official district boundaries of the school district. Certain areas of Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes are technically zoned for Los Angeles Unified School District and do not qualify as “within the attendance boundaries”.  For more information about these areas, CLICK HERE 
For more information about enrolling as a resident, CLICK HERE 
The student has been a victim of bullying in school and there is official documented evidence of the incident(s); either in the school’s student information system OR official police report.
The application window for Interdistrict Permits for the 2023-24 school year begins April 3, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. CLICK HERE to access the application.
The student was formerly a resident (or attended based on any reason listed above) and no longer qualifies to attend PVPUSD. A student may qualify if the student has been continuously enrolled in PVPUSD for three (3) years, has maintained an academic average of 2.5 GPA, has maintained good attendance (less than 18 total absences in the current school year), and maintains good citizenship, including without education code violations. 
For more information about the Continuing Enrollment opportunity, contact the Enrollment Center [email protected]